Provide systems administration and technical support for a busy medical practice, surgery center, 20 bed hospital, and academic center. Must be comfortable working in a small IT environment where you will be a “jack of all trades”, ranging from helpdesk support to complex server and network configuration.
Most work will be done at our Carmel campus but occasional trips to our satellite offices will be required. All offices are located within 45 minutes of Carmel.
|There will be times when after hours/weekend support will be required.
- Provide friendly and helpful IT support to all users.
- Be familiar with remote connections to PCs, servers, and printers
- Help maintain desktop images and apply images to new or existing PCs.
- Document what work has been completed and what it took to fix any given problem. I.e. build knowledge base to assist in resolving future issues.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Provide users with connectivity support.
- Assist with server support, network configuration, and larger IT infrastructure projects.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 3-5+ years of systems support experience OR 1-2+ years of experience and BA/BS in computer science or related field.
- Customer service training is a plus.
- Ability to provide friendly and personable service is a must.
- Prior experience in healthcare facility is preferred.
- Ability, and desire, to maintain current knowledge of job-related technologies.
- Ability to communicate professionally in person, via email, and on the phone.
- Experience using and troubleshooting various MS Windows OS’s.
- Windows Server OS and VMWare knowledge.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office and ability to assist users with those products.
- Understand DHCP, DNS, Active Directory (moves, adds, changes), VPN access and general network connectivity.
- Basic Cisco routing configuration preferred.
- Printer support and maintenance experience.
- Experience with Avaya IP Office systems a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server a plus.
- Experience with EHR software (Allscripts, Cerner, Centricity) a plus.